What’s Going On
The Wanatah Sesquicentennial celebration will take place June 12-14, 2015. Some of the activities planned include: 5K, Kids Fun Run, Parade, Old Tyme Demonstrations, Beef & Noodle Dinner.
- Queen, King/Belle and Prince/Princess contests – We’ll have lots of royalty to help us celebrate Wanatah’s 150th year. Forms are now available for the Queen, Belle/King and Prince/Princess contests. Download, fill out the application form and submit it today.
- Beard Contest – Men of Cass and Clinton Townships: Start growing your beard for the beard contest held in conjunction with the sesquicentennial festivities
- 5K Run/Walk – Register now for the 5K Run/Walk which will be held on June 13, 2015. Download a form and follow the event on Facebook
- Running Strong for 150 Years Kids Fun Run – The Cass Merrymakers 4-H Club is pleased to announce they will sponsor a Kids Fun Run for ages 2-9 on Saturday, June 13 at 9:30am as part of the Wanatah Sesquicentennial festivities. It will be held on the Wanatah School grounds. The Application is now available for download. Print and send yours in today to be sure to get your requested t-shirt size. Follow the event on Facebook!
- Sesquicentennial T-Shirt – Looking for a nice Sesquicentennial keepsake? How about a Sesquicentennial t shirt? They will be available soon at the J Mart, Horizon Bank and Dewey’s Auto Supply for $18.00 each. Proceeds will go towards the Wanatah Sesquicentennial Fireworks display!
Join us on Facebook for the latest updates, old Wanatah photos and trivia: Wanatah Sesquicentennial on Facebook
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Wanatah High School Alumni Dinner
The annual Wanatah High School Alumni Dinner will be held August 29th at the American Legion Post 403 with the time to be announced at a later date.
Wanatah Library – Wanatah Library has ongoing activities for children and adults.
Please visit their website at wanatahlibrary.com for the latest information.
Meals on Wheels – Volunteer drivers are needed for the Wanatah area Meals on Wheels program. Volunteers must have a reliable car with insurance coverage and be able to give an hour and a half for the program.
Volunteers are in many cases the only person shut-ins will see during the day. Those in the Wanatah area interested in volunteering can call (219) 874-9117.
Bowls of Plenty – Free Soup Supper – Sacred Heart Church in Wanatah offers a free soup supper for all surrounding community residents to help those who are hungry or in need of companionship and fellowship.
You are welcome to join them on the 4th Tuesday of every month from 4:30 to 6:30 PM at the Sacred Heart Church Hall, 204 Ohio Street, in Wanatah.
For more information or to make a donations of time, food and/or money to ensure the success of this ministry, please call 219-733-2319 or email email@example.com.
Real Services Meals for Senior Citizens – Real Services Meals for Senior Citizens are served at the Koselke Mayfield American Legion Post in Wanatah Monday through Friday. Any senior citizen age 60 and older is eligible to attend dinner. Please call the legion at (219) 733-2832 by 10 AM to reserve a meal the day before you wish to attend.
Doors open at 10 AM and serving begins around 11:30. A donation of $3 is asked. The meals are nutritionally formulated for a good diet plan. Area seniors are invited to attend. Come and meet your contemporaries and neighbors and enjoy fellowship with them.
Mothers’ and Fathers’ Day out – Faith United Methodist Church hosts a Mothers’ and Fathers’ Day out from 8 to 11:30 AM on the second Saturday of each month with adult supervision for the children. Games, crafts and snacks are featured. Call (219) 733-2909 for information or to register.